At ecoWise, the principal duties of The Board are:
- Setting the strategic directions and long-term goals of the Group and ensuring that adequate resources are available to meet these objectives.
- Reviewing and approving corporate plans, annual budgets, investment and divestment proposals, major funding proposals and financial plans of the Group.
- Monitoring management performance towards achieving set organisational goals.
- Reviewing and evaluating the adequacy and integrity of the Group’s internal controls, risk management and financial reporting systems.
- Ensuring the Group’s compliance with laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Reviewing and approving interested person transactions and material transactions requiring announcement under the Listing Manual Section B: Rules of Catalist (the “Rules of Catalist”) of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (“SGX-ST”).
- Ensuring accurate and timely reporting in communication with shareholders.
- Determining the Group’s values and standards including ethical standards.
- Considering sustainability issues including environmental and social factors in the formulation of Group’s strategies.
The Group have established three Board Committees to assist the Board in managing its responsibilities and to ensure proper reporting and adequate internal controls at ecoWise:
- Audit Committee
- Remuneration Committee
- Nominating Committee